Continuing the book review, here’s what’s recommended in regards to physical habits.
- Core workout, Yoga, Cardio- all three are equally important and equally required for a healthy body.
- Interval training of spurts of high cardio is just as good as one duration of 30 minutes.
- Trail vs. Treadmill- pick trail as an option if available
- Consider Yoga a practice; it’s not something we can or should try to master.
- The best yoga pose is the sapta buddha konnasanna
- Pick amongst the various types of yoga available: vinyasa (flow), Ashtanga (rigorous-same poses in each class), iyengar (no flow, long stretches).
- If something hurts (sharp pain)-stop doing it
- Look forward to stretching vs. thinking of it as a task.
- Don’t let the computer wreck your spine- Elevate screen to eye level, make sure hands and elbow are on one plane, put a pillow when using the laptop on an actual lap
- Tiptoe (don’t bolt) out of inertia or sleep.
- MOVE 5 MINUTES OUT OF EVERY HOUR